Saturday, August 3, 2013

What should i do If I failed in jee ?

 First Thing:



For those who still have to give their exam
Everyone will tell you about how to crack jee and you will surely do it.
But let me be honest and tell you the Truth most of you will FAIL !!   so be prepared for it .
You will suceed only when you are prepared completely and by that i mean you are prepared for failure  as well .

Here is a something i would suggest you to read if you didn't make it .
I found it on the Internet ( so its not my story )and I think this will help you :

We used to reside at R.K. Puram, Sector - 2. It's about 300m from IIT Delhi. I was in class 11th and one day when I woke up, I had this great urge of visiting IIT-D, since I had never been there.

My father dropped me at the main entrance of IIT-D. I saw a few students coming out of there and I was just thinking that these are the brightest of brightest student of the country. Just after entering through the main gate, IIT-D has this lush green surroundings, and for a few meters all you can see is a straight road ahead. After about 50 meters suddenly the Insti Building of IIT-D appeared, which was earlier hiding behind the trees.

For a moment I was just breathless and mesmerized just by the look of the Insti-building. I came back to my home and told my father that I wanna prepare for JEE.

Now after about 1 year I was in the examination hall and had this JEE paper in my hands and all I could see was these dreadfully tough questions in the question paper. I am not sure that I would have attempted even 20% of these questions.

After the exam there was I, knowing that I am not going to make it. So, I decided to take drop for the preparation of JEE for next year. I got admitted into Narayana Coaching at KaluSarai. And the next few months were like the most memorable period of my life.

This time I was really determined to get into IIT-D, so I started my preparation well in advance and in my first test at Narayana, I was ranked 3rd in Physics from whole India. Definitely that couldn't be counted as a really big achievement like JEE, but that was a sign for me that I am on the right path.

So, for next couple of weeks I was doing really good with my coaching classes and securing a descent rank. But after that things started to change at my home(I better not include all that here). But in very simple words I was not able study at my home. So, I asked my father to get an another room for me, but he said he couldn't afford it.

I used to study whole night at my roof-top and was somehow trying to gain the momentum for my preparation. Whenever I felt down I would ask two of my other friends to meet me at IIT-D and we would just roam here and there inside IIT-D and that roaming really used to motivate us to pursue our Btech. from such a wonderful place like IIT-D.

Everyday in the morning I used to go to District Park near my house and there was this tomb like structure where I used to sit for about 1 hour and would just stare at IIT-D, insti building. That was more of an obsession and I guess that was a time when I loved IIT-D more than my girlfriend ;).

After a few months, again I was in my examination hall, having my JEE question paper infront me and I did really good in my first paper. But when the second question paper came to me, I don't know what happened and after solving a few questions I was simply numb, I was not able to even find the value of tan(theta). And when I came out, I know that I have messed everything I worked for in last two years.

For a few days I was like in dilemma about my life so I messed up with my AIEEE exam too and ended with "You are not qualified for JEE" and "40,000" rank in AIEEE.

I had to take admission at Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra, Jammu through AIEEE, That's the best that I could get with my rank. I always had to take CSE so here I am at SMVDU, pursuing my Btech. in something I actually love to do.

And what I have came to realize in past couple of years is that, the place or institute doesn't matter a lot if you are doing something of your interest. (Although it would be best to get into IIT and having the branch of your choice).

But even after not getting there, I knew that I would have to do something different from mainstream to avoid a mediocre life. So I started to learn Web technologies and developed the technical and cultural fest website when I was in my first year only, and again when I am in second year. We participated in ACM-ICPC 2012 and even after having all 3 students from 2nd year we qualified for Amritapuri regionals and performed up to our expectations there.

Right now I am an official web developer at an online startup, co-founder of another online startup. Working on another website that will be launched later this year. And an active participant at websites like TopCoder, Codechef, UVAonlineJudge, etc.

So, overall I did messed up a lot, but lately I am happy with what I am doing and I actually love it. Maybe if I would be in IIT then I would be focusing more on having a job at Google or Facebook, with a fat salary package. But right now, I am definitely in no mood of getting orders from someone else.

With all this I realized that "Everything happens for a good reason", you just have to find that "good" in it. :)

Subscribe To Get More

1 comment: